Today is our family reunion with my relatives in my mother side. I'm not really a fan of reunions. Don't get me wrong. I dont hate my family. It's just that I grew up not knowing them and knowing them when I'm already in my teens and undergoing those experiences when knowing them, it's just hard to really adore them. I was even thinking not to go. But since my mom wants to go and my sister cant go because her son is sick, I have no choice but to go.
And so we went there with my brother and his family. After lunch, I was keeping to myself, just reading while my mom is chatting with her siblings. My cousins are either chatting or eating or both. We planned to just stay till 2pm since we're so tired from the night before. But when 2pm strike, my mom is still busy chatting so I let her and just read the book I brought. When she was finished chatting, I told her if we can go home. But my grand-niece was sleeping and they dont want to wake her. So we waited. Since it was already 3pm, I asked my brother if we can just carry my grand-niece to the car so we can go home and rest.
We were abt to go when they said that we should take pictures (which I had been waiting early on so we can go) so it took us another hour or so. The picture taking was divided into groups. First, it was all our family minus the in-laws. Then one of my cousin wanted to take her family picture with the "old" generation (my mother and her siblings which is the first generation in our reunion). And so it started to be family by family. Since I dont have a family of my own, I just watched them from the side.
Now, my mom stood up after a few pictures and approached me. A cousin of mine also approached her and said that the picture taking is not yet done. She then told my cousin that I'm not joining in the pictures and not interacting with family. Ok, I admit to not chatting much but I talk to them when they talk to me. It's not that I snob them or something. And when it was picture taking time, I didnt go back to my reading. So what does she want? It really upset me and I tried to stop crying from frustration. Of course, this didnt go unnoticed and one of my cousins asked me what's wrong.
I'm really in a bad mood since that time till now. I'm not making small talks to my mom. It just frustrates me that she knows that I dont want to go but still behaved myself when we're there and she still cant appreciate it. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment